Map Page
Page Index
What's New
Contact Us



Merthyr Tydfil


Go to:



Phillips Terrace. 1986.

(Photograph courtesy of Darren Edwards)


Twynyrodyn Football Team 1921-22

(Photograph Courtesy of Pam Alford (Davies)



Twynyrodyn Cricket Club - 1906.

Back Row.        T. Lewis, R. Jones, J. Roberts, L. L. Phillips, G. Lloyd & W. Frankland

Middle Row       W. A. Williams, E. T. Churchill, D. H. Davies (Sec), N. E. Ellman (Capt), C. H. Post (Vice), W. E. Churchill

                        & J Jones (Treas)

Front Row         P. Price & A. James.

(Photograph & Names Courtesy of Viv Lloyd)


Dyke Street

(Photograph Courtesy of Mrs Jacqueline Lewis)

MerthyrTydfil_Twynyrodyn_DykeStreet_MrsJacquelineLewis.JPG (188511 bytes)

Argyle Street - Howard Jennings (Caretaker of Twyn Junior School)

Twyn Hill in the 1980's

A young Ronnie Hyde outside Dickie's Shop, Queens Road C1955 - note the Gas Lamps.

(Photograph Courtesy of Ronnie Hyde)

Baili Glas Court

MerthyrTydfil_Twynyrodyn_BailiGlasCourt.JPG (119181 bytes)


Twynyrodyn - Showing the Baili Glas Pub - Early 1990's

(Photograph Courtesy of Dale Miles)


Alma street V.E. day party


The Glove & Shears. Now Dominos (2014)

(Photograph courtesy of the David Thomas Collection)

Twynyrodyn, From Caedraw Flats. November 1971

MerthyrTydfil_Twynyrodyn_FromCaedrawFlats_Nov1971.JPG (172352 bytes)


Twynyrodyn, the lower part, taken at the turn of the century. The Labour Club was being used as a private school at this time. On the left is the Unitarian church later known as the Gospel Hall. At the top of Alma Street can be seen the chimney of the Thomastown Brickworks, later Brickfield Crescent was built on the site.

MerthyrTydfil_Twynyrodyn_UnitarianChapel_Bottomleft.JPG (123034 bytes)

The Court House (now the Labour Club)


MerthyrTydfil_The Court.JPG (162531 bytes)








Click Here

To Visit

The Labour Club



Court Street- In the 1940s

MerthyrTydfil_CourtStreet1.JPG (114702 bytes)

Court Street- in the 1980s

Penuel Chapel Party - Early 1950's

(Photograph Courtesy of Tony Linforth)

MerthyrTydfil_CourtStreet2.JPG (111575 bytes)

Jones Bros (Treharris) Ltd - in the 1960s


In this Aerial photograph from 1965, the old St. Mary's Catholic School

Opposite Jones Bros garage in Court Street), can be seen, also the extensive rail network that used to run into Merthyr High Street Station.

(Photograph courtesy of Mr Clive Bevan)


Click Here

To Visit

St. Mary's

RC School


St Mary's Catholic School, Court Street.

Demolished in the late 1960's.


Do you have any photographs or information relating to Twynyrodyn, Merthyr Tydfil?

If so, please email us, by clicking the 'Contact Us' Button.


Go to:

To the Map